Friday, July 20, 2012

Ain't My Grandma's Banana Bread

And it isn't, my Grandma's banana bread that is.  I couldn't very well share her secret recipe with you all (what kind of granddaughter would I be?).  Ok, I'll admit, this is my first time making banana bread.  The first thing I thought when I pulled it out was why haven't I made this before?  I mean, I had ALL of the ingredients in my pantry already.  Easiest quick bread ever!  So, here is my recipe for a simple banana bread.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of  flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla 
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter (melted)
4 ripe bananas (smashed)
Pinch of salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F). Mix your melted butter into the smashed bananas.  Then mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Add your baking soda and salt to the the mixture and mix in.  Add the flour last.  Mix together Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.  Bake for 1 hour. Cook for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.  Cool on a wire rack until cool to the tough.

I have mine sitting on the counter cooling for breakfast!  This may not be my grandma's recipe, but it will sure bring a smile to everyone's faces!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your support and for checking out my blog!