Friday, July 13, 2012

Cheese Beer Dip

If you know me, I'm always the one who brings dessert to the family functions.  However, this 4th of July, I was told to bring the dip (at that moment my heart grew two sizes smaller).  DIP!  I've been told that I can't just do anything normal, so this was no exception.  I had to wow.  One of the dips I made was this Cheese Beer Dip (also known as "Shut the Front Door" dip).  I found a few different recipes, but none were to my liking, so I changed it up a bit.  I couldn't stand the idea of only using one type of cheese.  Cheese, in my opinion, is one of the greatest gifts to man!  So without further ado, here is the recipe for my Cheese Beer Dip:

Ingredients
4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
1 -12 ounce can of beer
6 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp hot sauce
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg

Directions
In a large bowl, combine the cheese and beer.  Let the mixture stand at room temperature for 30 minutes until the cheese softens.  In a food processor, blend the cheese/beer mixture with the reaming ingredients.  Blend until smooth.  This recipe will stay good in your refrigerator for up to a month or frozen for up to 3 months (or less than 24 hours if you're family likes it as much as mine!).  This dip goes great with chips and soft pretzels.  You could add extra hot sauce to make this a bit more spicy if you'd prefer it that way.  The beer in this is not cooked out, so this dip is not kid friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your support and for checking out my blog!