Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Orange Cream Cupcakes

I love using gelatin and pudding to help flavor boxed cake mixes.  One of my favorites is using orange flavored gelatin.  Making great cupcakes doesn't require superior baking skills.  And it's ok to cheat sometimes and use boxed mix.  You just have to know that you don't have to stick to just having yellow cake with white frosting.  For my orange cream cupcakes, I use a box of white cake mix (mix according to box directions) and add half of a pouch of orange gelatin.  Bake as the box directs you to.  When it comes to icing the cupcakes, take a tub of vanilla or fluffy white frosting and add 1 tbsp of orange gelatin powder (just to get the orange color and a bit of orange flavor).  Stir then frost.  It is that simple.  This is one of my favorite "semi-homemade" cupcakes to eat!  So next time you bake a cake, bust out your favorite gelatin or pudding mix!
Sorry for the blurry picture, photo was taken using my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your support and for checking out my blog!