Thursday, August 16, 2012

Apple Sausage Bake

One of my favorite things about the weather starting to get cooler is apples and root vegetables.  My family goes apple picking every year, so any way we can use up apples makes me happy.  This recipe was given to me by my mother.  It's simple to make, delicious, healthy, and easy on the wallet!

Here is the price break down:

Sausage (I used chicken): $1.98
Apples: $1.88
Sweet potato: $.98
Onion (bought a 3 lb bag on sale): $.97

Total: $5.81(For a family of 4, that's $1.45 per person)

Ingredients:
2 apples (I used Gala)
Sausage (about 1 pound)
Sweet potato
2 onions
3 tbsp. canola oil
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning

Directions
Wash and peel your sweet potatoes.  Preheat your oven to 325 degrees (F).  Chop all of your ingredients roughly about the same size.  In a bowl, mix the oil, seasoning, and vegetables.  Pour into a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. What a delicious recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by! I hope your family loves this recipe as much as mine does!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your support and for checking out my blog!