Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Honey Fried Chicken

I love fried chicken!  But, I know that I can't have it as much as I would like.  This past weekend we tried to trim a few calories from the chicken by frying it without breading.  This is one of those dishes that my hubby stops eating, looks at me, and tells me how much he loves me!  I think that this may have become a quick favorite!

Ingredients
2 whole (bone-in) chicken breasts
2 tbsp honey
Vegetable oil
Chicken seasoning (recipe follows)

Directions
Heat your oil to 350 degrees.  Pat your chicken dry.  Do not season it at all.  Put your chicken breasts in the fryer and cook at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Remove from the oil.  Sprinkle the chicken seasoning over the top of the chicken and put back into the oil to fry for another 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.  Once your chicken is cooked, it will have a nice crust on the outside.  At this point, you will want to mix 2 tbsp of honey with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and 1 tbsp of your chicken seasoning.  Spread over the outside of your chicken and serve.

Mrs. T's Chicken Seasoning
2 tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tbsp. chili powder
2 tbsp. onion powder
2 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar

Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today and I am ECSTATIC! I hate to cook, I dont have time to cook but my family LOVES food...I cant wait to get some great meal plans and recipes from you so that we can all be happy over here at my house! I need to get a fryer...but for today I am going to try your ingredients and bake the chicken to see how it turns out! Sounds Delish with a side of salad and baked beans. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you stopped by! My 7 year old is a very picky eater and this is her favorite way to eat chicken now!

      Delete
  2. Can you say yum! This looks delicious!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your support and for checking out my blog!