Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dump Pasta

This past weekend we celebrated my son's 2nd birthday.  One of the dishes I made was a chicken pasta dish using shredded chicken, penne, cream of chicken soup, and a pack of Artichoke & Spinach Warm Dip Mix.  I made a double batch, hoping to have extra for lunch or dinner the next day.  Well, I didn't have as much as I had hoped, so we added some ingredients to "bulk up" the dish and change the flavor.  We dubbed it "dump pasta".

Dump Pasta
*Left over chicken pasta (2 shredded chicken breasts, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 1/2 boxes of penne, 1 packet of Artichoke & Spinach Warm Dip Mix)
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 3 tbsp of ranch dressing
  • 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup of frozen peas
  • 1 diced onion
(To make the original pasta, I cooked the pasta as I would normally, in a bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.  Once mixed, add the cooked pasta)
Pull the leftover pasta dish out of the fridge.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Drain your tomatoes.  Mix all of your ingredients together in a baking dish.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (until the dish is heated through and the cheese has melted).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your support and for checking out my blog!