Sunday, October 14, 2012

Easy Antipasto Salad


When my husband and I first met, he was not a fan of olives at all.  Over the years though, I have tried incorporating foods he doesn't like (like olives) into my cooking in an attempt to broaden his palate.  Fast forward a few years, and now olives are one of my husband's favorite snacks!  Every once in a while the hubby requests that I make up some antipasto salad to keep in the fridge for him to snack on.  Here is my Easy Antipasto Salad recipe:

Ingredients:
1 can large pitted black olives
1 jar pimento stuffed green olives
1 can artichoke hearts
1 roasted red pepper
1 head of garlic (roasted)
1 tbsp Onion Onion seasoning
2 tbsp Meyer Infused Lemon Oil
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil

Directions:
Start by roasting your red pepper and garlic (you can also purchase these already roasted).  Peel an entire head of garlic.  Place all of the gloves in a foil packet with 1 ts of olive (or canola) oil.  Do the same for one red bell pepper (seeded).  Roast in an oven at 295 degrees for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
Drain and rinse the olives and artichoke hearts.  Leave the garlic cloves whole (larger ones can be cut in half).  Cut the roasted red pepper into bite size chunks.  Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and refridgerate for 5 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your support and for checking out my blog!