Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

For a long time I have been intimidated of trying ground chicken.  I love chicken, and I love ground beef, so why must it be so weird for me?  A friend told me to toss them in hot sauce like a hot wing.  I guess if I'm going to try something new, might as well cover it in hot sauce!  The recipe she provided sounded yummy, but I wanted to add my own flare to it.  So here is my version of the Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:

Ingredients:
1 pound of ground chicken
4 gloves garlic, minced finely
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 medium egg
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon dried dill
1/8 teaspoon dried basil
Salt and pepper
1 tube of string cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup buffalo wing sauce
1/4 cup of sweet chili sauce

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F).  Add half of the minced garlic, the seasonings, the Parmesan cheese, and the bread crumbs.  Mix well.  Next add the chicken.  Mix until everything is incorporated just enough.....do not over mix your chicken (rumor has it they will be tough).  Slice your string cheese into 16-20 small chunks.  Line a tray will foil or spray with non-stick spray.  Begin to roll out your meatballs.  Press a small chunk of string cheese into the center of each meatball.  Depending on the size of your meatballs, this should yield 16-20 meatballs.
Bake for 20 minutes, do not overcook your chicken (again, rumor has it they will be tough).  In a skillet, melt your butter.  Add the remaining garlic and cook slightly (do not burn).  Next add the buffalo sauce and sweet chili sauce.  Stir until mixed.  Add the cooked meatballs to the mixture, toss, and serve.  Serve with ranch or bleu cheese.

If your kid's don't like hot sauce, consider making half with BBQ sauce or tossing in a homemade cheese sauce.  Any way you serve these, they are delicious, cost efficient, and have less fat than ground beef.  Enjoy!



Find my recipe on Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your support and for checking out my blog!