Friday, March 22, 2013

Corned Beef Hash

Every year I make lots of corned beef and cabbage for my hubby on St. Patty's Day.  We always have leftovers, and he usually just eats it as is.  This year though, I wanted to make him a different meal out of our leftovers.  Then it hit me......hash!  Why on Earth have I never thought of has before? 

After St. Patty's Day Corned Beef Hash

Left over corned beef (cubed)
Uncooked cabbage
Uncooked collard greens
Roasted red bell pepper - sliced (I roasted mine myself, although you can use the jarred kind)
Garlic - 1 clove, minced
Yellow onion
Oregano
Eggs
Butter
Salt and pepper

*If you are roasting your own pepper, do this ahead of time.*  Start by melting 2 tbsp of butter (you can use oil if you prefer).  Slice your cabbage, collards, and onions into small pieces.  Saute the onions, cabbage, and collards together until they begin to wilt.  Add your minced garlic.  Stir.  Next add your cubed corned beef and sliced roasted pepper.  Next add salt and pepper (to taste) and 1 tsp. of dried oregano.  Cover your pan and let cook on low for about 7-10 minutes.  When you are ready to serve, fry an egg (I like over medium) and serve on top.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your support and for checking out my blog!